Jo Stewart Randel Outstanding Trustee Award
TAM's Jo Stewart Randel Outstanding Trustee Award recognizes excellence and distinguished contributions by a volunteer trustee to museums in Texas. Presented each year at the Annual Meeting of the Texas Association of Museums, this award spotlights one outstanding trustee whose visionary leadership has made a significant impact on the museum(s) he or she serves. The award is named in honor and memory of Jo Stewart Randel (1915-2002), an exemplary museum trustee from the Texas panhandle.
- Nominees must be individuals. Group or multiple-person nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees may be current or retired trustees. There is no minimum or maximum term requirement.
- Nominees must be nominated by a TAM institutional member.
- Nominees must be nominated by a representative of the museum at which he or she serves (or served). Individuals may not self-nominate.
- Nominees are eligible to win only once.
- Nominees will be considered based on leadership, service to the Texas museum community, and contributions to the institution(s) that he or she serves (or served).
The nomination form must be completed online HERE and any supporting materials must be submitted to the TAM office by February 26, 2021.
The narrative summary of the nominee's trustee contribution may not exceed 250 words. Letters of support are welcome but not required.
The Outstanding Trustee Award is presented each year at the TAM Annual Meeting. This year the Annual Business Meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 12, 11:30a. Recipients will be notified in advance and invited to the meeting.