Administrative Assistant | Arlington, TX
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
The International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and operational activities. Reporting to the Curator/Program Manager, the Administrative Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Museum Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files and producing fundraising reports as needed
- Assist in outgoing phone calls as a part of outreach
- Continually update and maintain database records
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors
- Coordinate production and mailing of all appeal letters and special announcements and various marketing activities
- Track tax credit donations in the database and keep a file for each tax credit donor and send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors
- Field incoming inquiries and direct them to appropriate staff
- Maintain contact lists, gather and prepare registration/membership materials
- Handle all administrative details associated with the IBMHOF Board of Director's meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of all media materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Maintain the gift shop/admissions desk including but not limited to helping with visitors, entering inventory and returning phone calls as needed
- Maintain Museum’s social media outlets as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Curator/Program Manager
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Database management experience – Blackbaud eTapestry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must pass IBC’s Registered Volunteer Program background screen and drug test
- Ability to adhere to the Code of Conduct of the Registered Volunteer Program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 50+ WPM typing skills preferred
The International Bowling Campus offers a competitive starting salary with excellent full-time benefits including health, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401k, and paid time off. The hourly salary range for the position is $15 - $16. To apply, please send a copy of a cover letter and resume to Kari@bowlingmuseum.com
IBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Continually required to sit and/or stand (remain stationary) or walk as needed
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk and/or hear
- Must be able to move up to 25 lbs.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change with or without notice by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.