Administrative Coordinator | Austin, TX
TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF MUSEUMS
Job Description: Administrative Coordinator
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Employment Status: Part-time starting September 1, 2021
Employment Location: Remote – Austin Area
Reports To: Executive Director
About the Texas Association of Museums:
The Texas Association of Museums strengthens the Texas museum community through collaborations, connections, professional development, and advocacy. For over 40 years our members have relied on TAM as a resource for ground-breaking information from the field and
as a champion for demonstrating the public value of museums. TAM programming, particularly the TAM Annual Meeting, inspires members to rise to higher levels of accomplishment. Through our members, TAM hopes to engage, educate, and serve the citizens of Texas, while conducting operations that are transparent and accountable.
The Administrative Coordinator holds responsibility for managing the Membership Program; handling logistics for TAM workshops and other programs such as Finding Alternative Futures Phase 2 (FAF2); performing clerical tasks related to bookkeeping and records management; posting to social media and website, and providing administrative support to the Executive Director as required.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first):
Working as a team player with executive director, TAM Council, TAM members, and committees to carry out the organization’s mission; coordinate strategies to achieve goals and objectives of efficient, well-run projects.
Managing the Membership Program: maintaining and updating membership database of 900 members, managing monthly renewals, writing and sending member letters via email and postal service, generating reports, recommending creative improvements to the membership program, and initiating membership drives and special campaigns under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Handling logistics for TAM council meetings, workshops and other programs: scheduling Zoom video calls, securing workshop venues, making staff and speaker travel arrangements, coordinating catering, promoting workshops, operating online registration, producing materials such as participants list and evaluation sheets as directed, maintaining thorough records for applicable grant reporting.
Performing clerical tasks related to bookkeeping and records management: recording receipts and deposits in NOVI AMS and some Quickbooks Online reporting, working closely with the contract CPA to accomplish accurate monthly financial reports, maintaining appropriate records, processing and shipping mail, and organizing and maintaining the institutional archives.
Providing administrative support to the Executive Director as required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit, academic, or similar environment is preferred
- Experience with bookkeeping software such as QuickBooks Online
- Experience with membership, administration, and communication preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; facility with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, web, social media, cloud computing required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including professional telephone manners, required.
- Intermediate understanding of social media such as, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Administrative skills in records management and basic business practice preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, pay attention to detail, multi-task, work independently, take initiative, and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment required.
- Sensitivity to service role of membership and nonprofit organizations required.
- Must check and process mail from the downtown Austin mailbox at least once a week and meet with the bookkeeper once a month.
- Experience with basic design is a plus.
- Given the remote nature of work, some travel behind administrative duties may be required.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have a clean driving record, valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Position requires moderate need to perform physical actions that include walking, standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, etc.
- May occasionally require lifting of various materials and equipment to a maximum of 30 pounds.
Compensation: Part-time; $20.00 per hour (15 hrs. per week). Flexible schedule to be determined. This position provides mileage reimbursement for administrative travel and an office computer and telephone. No benefits or other compensation are offered.
Applications: Applications will be accepted via email at email@example.com. Position available September 1, 2021 and open until filled. Please include a letter and brief resume with three professional references. Electronic applications only. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
# # #
Texas Association of Museums
815A Brazos St. #537
Austin, TX 78701
817-332-1177 (office phone)