Art Collection Assistant | Bentonville, AR
Position – Art Collection Assistant
Reporting to – Art Collection Manager
Location – Bentonville, AR
A private family is seeking a dynamic, versatile, and highly motivated individual to join the team
as an Art Collection Assistant. Under the management of the Collection Manager and in close
collaboration with the Preparator, the Collection Assistant will assist with the installation,
organization, and maintenance involved with various private and personal collections. The ideal
individual must be a self-starter who is service-oriented and enjoys working in a team
environment that is mission and results driven.
This position requires flexibility in scheduling, including nights and weekends. The Collection
Assistant may travel domestically on a consistent or ad hoc basis (up to 10%).
• Assist with all aspects of the care and movement of artwork including shipping, packing
and crating, mockups, installation, care and maintenance, and storage. Locations include
private residences, commercial spaces, offices, hospitality concepts, and outdoor
• Organize and maintain collections related documentation including purchase files,
object files, loan and transit files, condition and conservation files, non-exclusive
copyright agreements, and other documentation related to the collections.
• Maintain the art database and assist with generating reports. Complete research to
support entry of new artist records.
• Support the management of the outgoing loan program.
• Support the public profile and external communications efforts for the Collection.
• Provide supplementary support to the team, prioritizing ad-hoc or time-sensitive
requests. Collaborate closely with team members to successfully execute crossfunctional projects.
Characteristics for Success
• Unquestionable ethics and integrity. Demonstrated ability to protect privacy and
maintain discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple
tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Service approach with a highlighted sense of accountability, empathy, and humility.
• Highly resourceful team-player, solution-oriented, and comfortable operating with
• Very strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, and ability to maintain grace
under pressure when adapting to a rapidly changing environment, including
reprioritization or reassignment of responsibilities.
• Intellectual agility and the ability to analyze and think critically.
• Highly proficient with various technology platforms – Microsoft Office, Macintosh OS,
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign, and Dropbox.
• Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degrees and/or professional certifications are a plus.
• Minimum of two years of relevant experience in a supportive role requiring a high level
of client service.
• Comfortable working in environments with children and family pets.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and lift up to 50lbs at a time.
• Valid driver’s license.
Compensation range is $25-30 per hour
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion (where permitted by state
law) of a confidentiality agreement, background check, motor vehicle check, credit check, drug
screen and verification of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 subject to any applicable
exemption available under the law. In addition, proper identification verifying eligibility to work
in the United States on the first day of work is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a
culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and
veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a
Email Nicole Hamm at email@example.com