Assistant Director | Beaumont, TX
Who we are:
The Beaumont Heritage Society is a non-profit, organized for educational and civic purposes to preserve and interpret the historic collections of the John Jay French House Museum and the Chambers House Museum to foster a connection to Beaumont’s history and inspire others to value preservation and heritage for the benefit of the community.
Position we seek:
The Beaumont Heritage Society seeks an Assistant Director to oversee the John Jay French House and to serve as an advocate for history, heritage, and preservation within the community at large.
Hours and Compensation:
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with evenings and weekends as needed for events, etc.
Pay Scale: Salary $40,000 - $45,000
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for recruiting and training museum volunteers.
- Plan activities for the volunteers.
- Schedule and supervise volunteers to see that they are representing the museums accurately.
- Plan and implement volunteer programs.
- Plan and implement educational programs.
- Workshops and seminars.
- Programs for younger grades.
- School tours.
- Summer camp.
- Plan and implement events and fundraisers.
- Plan and implement exhibitions.
- Research and plan temporary exhibitions.
- Oversee everyday operations of the John French Museum.
- Schedule and lead tours.
- Supervise docent.
- Oversee grounds and buildings.
- Care and preservation of the museum collection.
- Public Relations
- Help curate content and schedule posting on social media.
- Arrange advertising for events.
- Media appearances.
- Manage events on social media.
- Oversee daily operations of Society and both museums during Executive Director's absence.
- Assist Executive Director as needed.
- Serve as Interim Executive Director if necessary.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration/Management, Museum Administration, Public History, Communication, Tourism or related field OR 5 years experience in related field.
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Multiple locations
Desired start date: July 2021
Interested applicants should a send a resume and cover letter to: applyBHS@gmail.com by July 12th for consideration.