Assistant Registrar | Fort Worth, TX
Kimbell Art Museum
3333 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Provide general assistance to the Registrar’s office and to undertake tasks and duties as assigned by the Registrar.
- Coordinate and record movement of permanent collection works.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the permanent collection documentation and collections database (The Museum System).
- Assist with rights and reproduction for the permanent collection.
- Schedule and maintenance of all requests for photography of the permanent collection.
- Prepare invoices for charges incurred for loans or exhibitions.
- Assist with arranging, organizing, shipping, and insurance for permanent collection, pending acquisitions, loans, and exhibitions.
- Assist with exhibition installations and deinstallations.
- Make travel and other local arrangements for incoming couriers for exhibitions.
- Provide clerical and administrative duties as required.
- Courier trips as needed, both domestic and international.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Master’s degree in Museum Studies, Arts Administration, or Art History preferred.
- Efficient, well-organized, experience in a Registrar’s department of a museum is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment is required.
- Must be proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and knowledge of The Museum System is a plus.
- Must be able to perform accounting and record-keeping tasks with accuracy.
- Knowledge of foreign languages preferred.
- Weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Valid ID and passport is required.
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background and drug screening.
The Kimbell Art Museum offers a good working environment with competitive compensation and a full package of employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid vacation, personal, and sick time, and a 403(b) retirement plan with Museum contributions.
- 4 free tickets to every Kimbell exhibition.
- Free admission to other museums with staff ID.
- Free parking.
- Employee discount in the Café and Museum Shops.
Apply through the Kimbell Art Museum Website: https://kimbellart.org/join-us/jobs