Collections Internship | Waco, TX
Dr Pepper Museum
2023 Summer or Fall Collections Internship
The Dr Pepper Museum is seeking qualified individuals for its 2023 Summer or Fall Collections Internship.
The internship will be for up to 400 hours of work and is flexible based on the needs of your school program. There will be an associated stipend that is dependent on hours completed, not to exceed $5000. Hours and stipend will be determined before the start of the internship.
The intern will be a part of the Museum’s Collections Team and work with the Collections Manager on a special project based on the needs of the museum and the intern’s requirements. The intern will also perform general collections duties as assigned. The intern may also be required to attend board meetings, committee meetings, and department meetings to gain a better understanding about how the museum functions.
- Working towards completion of or recently completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in museum studies, history, anthropology, or related field
- Knowledge of museum collections practices
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple, diverse tasks, seeking help when needed
- Self-motivation to achieve goals and complete projects individually and with groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with people of varying levels of experience and expertise
- Prior collections experience preferred but not required
Do you need internship credit for your degree? Let us know. We are willing to work with your degree program’s requirements and your class schedule.
Deadline for applications for summer positions is April 1, 2023. Deadline for applications for fall positions is July 1, 2023. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled. To apply please send cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information (email and phone number) of two professional or academic references to Rachael Nadeau Johnson, Collections Manager, at email@example.com. Please email all questions.