Collections Internship | Waco, TX
Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute
2022 Summer or Fall Collections Internship
The Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute is seeking qualified individuals for
its 2022 Summer or Fall Collections Internship.
The internship will be for up to 400 hours of work and is flexible based on the needs of
your school program. There will be an associated stipend that is dependent on hours
completed, not to exceed $4000. Hours and stipend will be determined before the start
of the internship.
The intern will be a part of the Museum’s Collections Team and work with the
Collections Manager on a special project based on the needs of the museum and the
intern’s requirements. The intern will also perform general collections duties as
assigned. The intern may also be required to attend board meetings, committee
meetings, and department meetings to gain a better understanding about how the
• Working towards completion of or recently completed a bachelor’s or master’s
degree in museum studies, history, anthropology, or related field
• Knowledge of museum collections practices
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple, diverse tasks, seeking help when
• Self-motivation to achieve goals and complete projects individually and with
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with people
of varying levels of experience and expertise
• Prior collections experience preferred but not required
Do you need internship credit for your degree? Let us know. We are willing to work
with your degree program’s requirements and your class schedule.
Deadline for applications for summer positions is April 4, 2022. Deadline for applications
for fall positions is Aug. 1, 2022. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until
positions are filled. To apply please send cover letter, resume or CV, and 2 letters of
reference to Rachael Nadeau Johnson, Collections Manager, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email all questions.