Coordinator of Marketing | Victoria, TX
Victoria Regional Museum Association, Inc.
The Nave Museum
P O Box 1776 306 W. Commercial St.
Victoria, TX 77902 Victoria TX 77901
COORDINATOR OF MARKETING
Reports to Executive Director
35 – 40 Hours per Week
This is a full-time position whose primary function is to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Board President. Essential Duties will be a primary focus, with additional duties listed below.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director and Board of Director Publicity Committee, this position will primarily:
- Assist with the design of all marketing materials, including:
- Exhibit Invitations, Exhibit Guides, Exhibit Banners
- Exhibit Display Posters for Storefronts
- Exhibit Rack Cards for Hotels and Businesses
- Membership Brochure
- Assist with Social Media Postings, including Website, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Assist with Delivery of Marketing Materials to hotels and businesses
- Provide support to the Executive Director
- Provide support to the Board President
- Assist in setting up meetings and openings.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Assistance in opening and closing the building, greeting visitors, conducting galleries' tours, and ensuring safety and security of collections.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of museum during scheduled business hours, including a rotating weekend schedule
- Assistance with mailouts
- Assistance with and attendance at all fundraising functions
- Clip articles about the museum or exhibits from print or online sources and file them accordingly
- Assist with the installation and de-installation of exhibitions, preparation of the galleries, pedestals, and other equipment needed in exhibit spaces.
- Provide proofreading for all print materials produced
- Clean the museum as required, which may include dusting, mopping, sweeping outside and bathrooms.
- May be asked to assist with training of volunteers
- Assist at openings and other special events, possibly on evenings and weekends.
- Answer phone in the absence of Executive Director, taking messages or providing information regarding exhibits.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. To perform the job successfully, an individual must have either a degree or experience in a related field. An individual should have some of the listed knowledge, skills, abilities, or experience.
- Education and/or Experience: Associates or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong skills in hospitality, customer service
- Nonprofit experience helpful
- Strong organizational skills are a must; must be able to prioritize and organize multiple activities.
- Strong typing skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must possess skills to work independently
- Basic reading and writing, and math skills are a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel are required. Microsoft Publisher or similar is also required.
- Must be available to work a rotating weekend schedule
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job's duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds.
This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To apply, email resume to: email@example.com.