Development Director | Fredericksburg, TX
Admiral Nimitz Foundation
Founded in 1971 as a 501(c)3, the Foundation since 2005, in an agreement with the Texas Historical Commission, manages and provides financial support to the State-owned National Museum of the Pacific War to: “Operate and support the State-owned Museum experience through its extensive collection, to engage and inspire present and future generations with the story of World War II in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater and interpret the continued global relevance of its lessons.”
The Foundation engages visitors through a variety of exhibitions and programs to accomplish the above mission. The Museum features four separate buildings of galleries and exhibits, and six outdoor exhibit areas. The Foundation also runs and operates three museum stores and variety of multi-functional spaces.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Development Director spearheads fundraising and development efforts at the Foundation and supervises the Membership Director as well as facilities rentals.
· Lead all grant proposals and fund-raising events to support the Foundation’s mission.
· Staff point of contact for the Foundation’s Board of Directors’ Development Committee.
· Coordinates the various donor appeal, cultivation, and recognition programs.
· Supervises the Membership Director and the Facilities Rental Manager.
· Coordinates with and supports all Foundation Departments and the Museum Director
· 5-plus years of experience in business and/or non-profit development and fund raising.
· Demonstrated success in building relationships and outreach.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Strong organizational and time management skills, with project management experience a plus.
· A collaborator with the ability to work independently without close oversight.
· A strategic mindset, high-energy and passion in building long-term plans in support of the Foundation’s Mission.
· Bachelor's degree required; master’s preferred.
This is a Full Time, salaried position in the range of $60,000 to $65,000 with health insurance, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays. A 401-B retirement savings account is offered. The applicant’s lifestyle must be flexible enough to work evenings and weekends, when required.