Development Assistant | Austin, TX
Position Title: Development Assistant Position: 20 hours / week
Reports to: Executive Director Location: In-person at the Museum
The Development Assistant provides high-level administrative support for the Texas State History Museum Foundation. TSHMF is a nonprofit organization that works collaboratively with the Bullock Museum to raise funds through the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations and the state. The TSHMF staff works with a Board of Trustees to fundraise and host an annual gala which features the History-Making Texan Award. The TSHMF also solicits gifts to support the Museum’s exciting roster of special and permanent exhibitions, public programs, and special projects.
The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational and time management skills, impeccable attention to detail, and works effectively in a technical, database-focused role, while enjoying a fast-paced team environment. The members of this dedicated and enthusiastic department work closely with donors and Trustees.
- Prepare donation acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Process and maintain all financial records and transactions including all payables and receivables.
- Track pledge schedules and prepare pledge reminder correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of appeal letters.
- Maintain guest lists, plan, gather and prepare registration materials, and other duties as assigned for events.
- Schedule meetings, receive visitors, arrange conference calls, and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Assemble media and donor kits and board packets for events and meetings.
- Coordinate master office calendar.
- Receive incoming calls, mail, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Experience in an administrative position, preferably in a non-profit development office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with QuickBooks and databases.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of protocol is preferred.
Terms and Compensation:
The position is 20 hours per week. $20-22 per hour. Parking is provided. Duties to be performed during regular business hours, with occasional evening hours for events. Position begins immediately. The position works in the office at the Bullock Texas State History Museum in Austin. The TSHMF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person based on age, race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, parental status or mental/physical handicap.
No phone calls, please. Please submit cover letter and resume no later than Dec. 15, 2021 to Info@tshmf.org or to:
Texas State History Museum Foundation
P.O. Box 12456
Austin, TX 78711