Director of Marketing and Publicity | Richmond, TX
Job Title: Director of Marketing and Publicity
Agency: Fort Bend History Association, Richmond Texas
Supervisor: Executive Director, FBHA
Proposed pay scale: $60,000 salary with benefits
Minimum Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public communications, journalism or related field. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven skills in graphic design, public relations, and budgetary compliance. High degree of creativity, initiative, and attention to detail is necessary, including the ability to multi-task and set priorities. Excellent computer skills; facility with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative, web and social media computing required.
Overall Objective: Working as a team player with other admin and museum staff, plan, implement and achieve portions of the Association’s Strategic Plan goals and objectives relevant to marketing and communication.
Job Duties: To provide leadership, management and implementation to successfully market the Association’s programs, group tours, site rentals, and special events. Responsible for all verbal and written promotional materials, ads, media contacts and other necessary communication avenues, including but not limited to social media outlets, print media, radio/TV media. Ensures that the important information concerning the Association is professionally presented to the FBHA membership and larger community in a timely and consistent manner.
· Brand manager: ensure adherence to brand guidelines and messaging
· Social Media manager: plan and coordinate posts, respond to inquiries, evaluate analytics
· Website manager: ensure that websites are up-to-date, manage domains, evaluate analytics
· Publicity/Public Relations coordinator: responsible for press releases, media list, ads, e-newsletters, media coverage/site visits
· Texian Gazette editor: plan and produce quarterly member newsletter
· Outreach facilitator: maintain outreach calendar, coordinate event attendance, cultivate tourism partners, develop brand ambassador committee
· Advertising coordinator: create and deliver strategic advertising plan
· Graphic designer: manage online and printed collateral for the Association
· Other: attend FBHA events, take photos/videos, develop/maintain surveys
Applications: Applications will be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position available September 1, 2021 and open until filled. Please include a cover letter and brief resume.
Claire Rogers, Executive Director
Fort Bend History Association