Education and Engagement Manager | Waco, TX
DR PEPPER MUSEUM
Education and Engagement Manager
The Museum is looking for an Education and Engagement Manager. This position supports the Museum’s mission to educate, entertain, and inspire by sharing stories about Dr Pepper and the Soft Drink Industry by overseeing the Museum’s programming including guided tours, school programs on and off site, in-gallery activities and presentations, and curriculum development. Additionally, the Education and Engagement Manager is responsible for the creative development and execution of innovative programming that engages a variety of audiences. To implement these programs, this position supervises part-time staff members and reports directly to the Associate Director.
- Supervise and schedule assigned staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Train presenters to meet continued standards for quality programs and visitor experiences.
- Develop and manage tour programming, public programming, outreach, and virtual learning platforms.
- Coordinate tour/program bookings and points of contact with group leader and staff.
- Facilitate adult, family, and senior guided tour programs.
- Facilitate public programs and events.
- Facilitate teacher professional development.
- Facilitate outreach programs in-person and online.
- Maintain food safety standards for programming.
- Coordinate website updates for Programs tour booking.
- Coordinate marketing of educational programs.
- Develop and manage the budget for Programs.
- Coordinate and maintain program supply inventory
- Evaluate programs via visitor and participant surveys.
- Advocate for the visitor experience in exhibition development.
- Develop a volunteer program to provide support for program presentation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with schools and other organizations serving students and teachers.
- Serve as Manager on Duty (MOD) as scheduled by the Operations Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned as part of the DPM team.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, museum studies or related field is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Two years experience in the field.
- Supervision of staff, interns and volunteers.
- Management of large groups of children and adults.
- Speaking to large groups of children and adults.
- STEAM and history content creation and lesson plans.
- Valid State driver’s license.
- Texas Food Manager’s license.
- Texas Teacher certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern teaching methodology is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills and ability to use sound judgment and tact.
- Calm, professional, respectful demeanor, and service-oriented focus when interacting with visitors, employees, vendors, and volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other software like Zoom, Canva and basic video applications.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Compensation / Benefits
Full-time, exempt position
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Please email cover letter, resume and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org.