Event Coordinator | Houston, TX
Lone Star Flight Museum
The Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all in-house event and meeting activities and from conception to completion. Assists Events Manager with outside rentals and other duties as assigned.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate and produce designated in-house activities, meetings and special events with appropriate managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for all room setups and maintaining all tables, chairs and other events equipment at scheduled events.
- Maximize event layout accuracy from planning to execution.
- Enforce museum regulations regarding protection of assets, cleanliness of space, and the upholding of brand standards.
- Must coordinate and execute all children’s birthdays from start to finish.
- Prepare and review event agendas once events have been booked and confirm that all services and necessary preparations are in order.
- Coordinate client service needs with catering and audio-visual concessionaires, security, house staff and other requested services.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service contractors and event service suppliers.
- Oversee housekeeping and security during event execution hours.
- Assist Event Manager with event load ins or load outs.
- Other museum related duties as assigned. Essential experience and background skills
- Experience managing logistics and customer service;
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups;
- Able to establish effective work procedures;
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, both written and oral
- Communicate at a highly professional level in both oral and written forms;
- Basic computer and internet skills
- Strong understanding of email best-practices;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently while being creative and resourceful with a team;
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Status: Part-Time/Hourly - $15-$20/hr
Must have flexible schedule and available to work evenings, nights and weekends
Reports to: Events Manager
Interested candidates can submit their resume to Events@LoneStarFlight.org