Executive Director | Temple, TX
TEMPLE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
The Temple Children’s Museum seeks an ambitious and outgoing Executive Director! The Executive Director will supervise all museum operations at the current location and will fully participate in the planning process to move into a permanent location in the next few years.
Temple Children’s Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit whose mission is to create a community which sparks the creativity and curiosity of young children through hands-on learning and interactive play. The Temple Children’s Museum began as a traveling “museum without walls” bringing exhibits to parks, schools, and other public facilities serving Bell County in 2016. In 2018, TCM received donations to purchase a building for a permanent museum location near the Santa Fe Railroad center in Downtown Temple. The renovation project will require a capital campaign and will take several years to complete. In June 2021, the Temple Children’s Museum began regular operating hours in its current leased location at 11 N. 4th, Temple, TX. Additionally, the Museum is open for birthday parties and special events.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Museum Studies, Education or another related field.
- Demonstrated success working with or for a non-profit organization preferred.
- Willingness to fundraise.
- Ability to work and communicate with museum stakeholders (board members, community members, business owners, volunteers, caregivers, and children).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, bilingual Spanish an additional asset.
- Strong technology and computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, forms, email, and social media.
- Enthusiastic, organized and goal driven.
- High ethical standards.
Primary Roles of the Executive Director:
The Temple Children’s Museum is looking for an Executive Director to provide direction and create processes for the expansion of the Museum.
The Executive Director will:
- Report to the Temple Children’s Museum Board of Directors.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to build the Museum’s fundraising, marketing, programs, exhibits, and partnerships and will make public presentations.
- Assist the Board of Directors with analyzing policy options and developing a strategic plan.
- Be responsible for planning, implementing, and supervising all activities including office and museum operations, and employee/volunteer training.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers.
- Identify and collaborate with local, state, and national governmental and community partners to enhance the Temple Children’s Museum’s programming and fundraising.
- Collaborate on grant proposals and facilitate grant submissions.
- Provide input on the expansion of the existing facility and the new facility.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Update Board of Directors on the current state of the museum.
- Maintain museum records.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, and repair of exhibits.
- Oversee maintenance of the facility – cleanliness, safety, general maintenance, etc.
- Provide input on the budget execute said budget.
- Responsible for employee hiring, supervision scheduling and dismissal.
- Assist with marketing strategies, including assistance with social media and the website.
- Build community relationships.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Remain abreast of museum trends and innovations.
- Assist in the planning and facilitating special events.
- Plan meaningful, educational opportunities for children in conjunction with schools or childcare organizations.
Job Requirements: Standing; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping, and bending; performing tasks requiring fine motor skills and coordination; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds.
Compensation: 30 hours per week. $20/hr. The successful candidate will receive 5% of the total of any new grants earned. After 3 months, the Temple Children’s Museum Board will review pay and benefits commensurate with job performance.
Application Process: Go to www.templechildrensmuseum.org/jobs for the application or call 254-500-7617 for more information. Phone calls will be returned within 48 hours. Completed applications may be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or mailed to Temple Children’s Museum, 11 N. 4th, Temple, TX 76501.
Deadline for Submission: September 16, 2022
Temple Children’s Museum
11 N. 4th
Temple, TX 76501
Registered as a 501c3 non-profit
Member of Association of Children’s Museums