Family & Public Programs Coordinator | Albany, TX
OLD JAIL ART CENTER
Family & Public Programs Coordinator
The primary responsibility of the Family & Public Programs Coordinator is to assist the Education Director in developing and administering all programming for family, and public audiences.
The Family & Public Programs Coordinator reports directly to the Education Director, who makes assignments in terms of broad program plans and objectives, and delegates independent responsibility for their accomplishment. The Family & Public Programs Coordinator reports secondarily to the Executive Director, who may assign non-departmental tasks.
The Family & Public Programs Coordinator's duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Full-time work week of Tuesday - Saturday.
Assists in the planning and facilitation of Family and Community programs such as:
• Weekly Take-Home, collections-connected Activity Kits
• Monthly Family Festivals based on cultural and social awareness themes as referenced in museum permanent collections
• Gallery interpretive materials and activities for 3 annual Exhibition Cycles (Family Studio Zone, Mobile Tours, Printed Family Guides)
Assists in the planning and facilitation of Adult and Public programs such as:
• Weekly virtual tours of museum permanent collections and exhibitions
• Monthly physical and virtual adult media workshops
• Gallery interpretive materials and activities for 3 annual Exhibition Cycles (Kiosk Presentations, Mobile Tours)
• Quarterly Virtual Lectures for adult audiences
• Various Annual Public Events (Slow Art Day, Hearts for Art Day, International Museum Day, etc.)
Assists in the facilitation of Ed. Department Internship and Volunteer programs, such as:
• Internship program for Grades 11-12
• Volunteer program for Grades 7-10
BA or BSE in either: Museum Studies, Art Education, or Visual Art
2 years of museum or classroom instruction experience
Strong graphic design and desktop publishing skills
Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Knowledge of museum best practices and standards
Valid drivers license and willing to travel
Position start date of June/July 2023
Annual salary of 35K. Generous vacation/ PTO Benefits with health insurance package.
Email resume, cover letter, one educational writing sample, one tangible or virtual project sample, and two professional references to:
No telephone inquiries.