Guest Services Assistant | Dallas, TX
FRONTIERS OF FLIGHT MUSEUM
Position: Guest Services Assistant – Museum Store & Facilities (Part-Time)
Hourly Rate: $12.00
Report to: Museum Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Part-Time
Under the supervision of the Museum Store Manager, the Guest Services Assistant is part of the excellent team that
provides a fun and unique experience for all Museum visitors. He/She/They will assist visitors with admissions,
information, Museum Store purchases and birthday party events ensuring that our guests enjoy a fun, educational
and memorable experience at the Museum.
Major activities, typical duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Responsibilities: Museum Store
• Provide exceptional support and services to Museum guests.
• Process admissions and store purchases via the Museum Point of Sales System.
• Maintain store inventory items, including logging and pricing inventory and restocking store shelves.
• Maintain store appearance e.g. clean and dust shelving and front desk area as needed.
• Answer telephone inquiries regarding museum hours, admission rates and/or refer callers to the
appropriate staff member.
General Responsibilities: Facility Set Up
• Set up and/or tear down of tables, chairs and other museum inventory for events.
• Assist with general maintenance of facility; including cleaning of rental inventory, exhibits, exhibit
areas, birthday party areas, children’s discovery area.
• Assist birthday party clients as needed.
Skills, abilities and other requirements
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal and general communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and the flexibility to handle the diverse requirements of the position.
• High School Diploma.
• Front desk / Customer service experience a plus.
• Bi-lingual a plus.
• Must be able to lift/move 50lbs.
• Front Desk Hours: Sat 9am-5pm / Sun 12noon-5pm
• Facility Hours: Will vary depending on rental event schedule
• 20hrs per week
To apply please send resume and cover letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org