Marketing Coordinator | Waco, TX
What We Are Looking For
The Marketing Coordinator ensures the Mayborn Museum Complex has a positive reputation in the Baylor/Waco community, museum community, and throughout Texas. This position oversees the museum's social media accounts and assists with creation and dissemination of museum communications including website updates, printed marketing materials, and communicating with local news outlets.
The expected salary range for this position is $19.23 to $21.63 per hour and includes Baylor's outstanding comprehensive benefits package.
An Associates Degree, two years of relevant work experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A Bachelor's degree and four years of experience are preferred.
To apply please Marketing Coordinator Mayborn Museum. Please submit an on-line application along with a cover letter and resume.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing overall strategy of museum’s social media accounts.
- Assist with creation and dissemination of museum communications including website updates, printed marketing materials, and communicating with local news outlets. Manages content calendar (web, social media, paper) to drive museum and program attendance and membership.
- Maintain marketing and media collateral for museum and exhibit records. Collects, tracks, analyzes, and reports relating to museum communications.
- Serving as a museum representative at regional events and fairs, providing visibility for the museum. Able to serve as spokesperson for the museum during media events.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing strategy and campaigns that drive earned and contributed revenue growth, and increase program attendance, exhibit awareness, paid admissions, and membership. Works closely with the Assistant Director of Exhibits, Communication and Visitor Services and the Creative Lead to execute these strategies and campaigns.
All Mayborn staff are required to work on at least one cross-functional work team. These teams focus on organizational development issues. Staff spend no more than 2 hours each week on this work.
Additionally, all Mayborn full-time staff are required to achieve 50 hours of professional development each year. These hours may include any required Baylor training sessions, online trainings required by the Mayborn Museum director, First Tuesday Coffee and FYI Presentations, and professional conferences.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled