Membership Coordinator | Austin, TX
Position: Membership Coordinator Department: Development
Reports to: Individual Giving Manager Schedule: Full-time, Non-exempt
Pay Range: $21.63/hour-$27.50/hour
The Contemporary Austin is hiring a membership coordinator to support all aspects of the Museum’s membership programs ranging from outreach and communications, gift acknowledgement and tracking, renewals, appeals, event and engagement strategies and member engagement. Internally, this is a key member of the development department; externally, the membership coordinator serves as an ambassador and key connector to our membership community.
- Administer all aspects of the membership program including:
- Project manage the annual calendar of membership related activities
- Process all membership data entry, including transferring data from other online systems
- Draft membership communications ranging from direct mail and thank you letters to e-newsletters
- Work collaboratively across departments to ensure membership benefits such as admission access, special events, are fulfilled and proactively nurtured
- Support key membership initiatives, drives and campaigns
- Respond to membership inquiries via phone, internet, and mail and serve as a primary liaison to our members
- Work with the communications team to produce membership-related printed and web materials
- Work with the development committee as needed to cultivate new members and engage member prospects
- Occasionally work at evening and weekend events
- One year of experience with non-profit membership program, marketing or fundraising departments, preferably in the arts and humanities
- Strong project management, administration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, keen attention to detail, strong work ethic
- A can-do, flexible, resourceful, and goal-oriented attitude
- The ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality is paramount
- Proficiency in Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Proficiency with CRM software, preferably Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but strong work experience will be considered.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Experience using an email marketing platform preferred
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Membership Coordinator.” Due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact candidates who are strong candidates for the position. Thank you for your interest in The Contemporary Austin and please keep an eye on our careers page for current opportunities.
We invite you to discover contemporary art in settings that provoke thought and joy. Our programs join art with place in a pursuit of a deeper experience, a bigger conversation, and a closer community.
We believe in the capacity of art to transform lives. We dream of a future where more eyes, ears, hearts and minds are opened by contemporary art in all of its forms.
Extending the Welcome – We want every person to feel like they belong here. Our invitation is completely open and inclusive.
Always Caring - We know that details matter. We care deeply about the quality of our work and about the experiences of our guests, the artists we collaborate with, our staff, and all those we have yet to meet.
Socially Mindful - We believe that contemporary art is a way for people to connect their personal experiences with the broader social and cultural dialogues of our place and time.
Staying Curious - We observe closely, listen intently, and inquire sincerely because we have a boundless fascination with people, art and ideas.
Making Progress - We always want to be better—to inspire more deeply, to engage more openly, and to serve more joyfully. We are mindful of feedback and committed to ongoing reflection and iteration.
Being Here - A place can transform your experience of art, and art can transform your experience of a place. We activate our downtown exhibition space and our lakeside sculpture park in imaginative ways to serve Austin.
Trying New Things - We believe in the importance of experimentation, play, and the surprise that often results from trying something new. We know that progress comes through both bravery and vulnerability.
About The Contemporary Austin
As Austin’s only museum focused on contemporary artists and their work, The Contemporary Austin offers exhibitions, educational opportunities, and events that start conversations and fuel the city’s creative spirit. Known for artist-centric projects and collaborations, The Contemporary invites exploration at both its urban and natural settings—downtown at the Jones Center on Congress Avenue, lakeside at the Laguna Gloria campus (including the Betty and Edward Marcus Sculpture Park, the Art School, and the historic Driscoll Villa), and around Austin through the Museum Without Walls program.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and access (DEIA)
The Contemporary Austin values a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and we seek to model these values in our hiring and engagement practices for all our artistic and educational programs. We welcome applications by BIPOC candidates as well as individuals who bring new perspectives in a host of ways. It is the policy of The Contemporary Austin not to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status and to take action to ensure that those seeking to do business with the Contemporary are treated fairly. The Contemporary Austin aims to create a safe, welcoming working environment and doesn’t tolerate discrimination of any kind. The organization is currently pursuing a multi-year DEIA effort and seeks individuals who share our commitment to this work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.