Museum Clerk | Mansfield, TX
October 5, 2022
Posted By: Classified Job Listing,
Job Classification: Museum ClerkPart-Time / Non-Exempt (26 hours per week)
Salary: $15.06 per hour
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction and supervision of the Museum Manager, the Museum Clerk assists with the activities and operations of the Man House Museum and Mansfield Historical Museum to maintain a record and promote the heritage of the community. The position assists with visitor services, exhibits, education, outreach, research, and overall maintenance of the museums.
EXAMPLES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
• Serves as the point-of-contact for museum visitors.
• Provides tours of the Man House museum.
• Assists with educational programs and activities.
• Assists in planning, organizing and implementing special events.
• Assists with historical research including genealogical research.
• Provides care and housekeeping for historical furnishings.
• Assist patrons locating information in books, periodicals, and electronic form, in person or over the phone. Answers questions and assists with patron information needs.
• Assists with changing exhibits and organizing materials.
• Compiles historical documents which are donated or on loan i.e. family files, newsletters, photographs etc.
• Provides quality customer service and safety of patrons at the museums.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contact a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of historical education programs.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of historical research and educational display design techniques.
• Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
• Ability to acquire and classify antiques, documents and other historical items.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduation or equivalent
DESIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• One year of experience in museum studies
• Willingness to participate in continuing education in museum studies and historical preservation.
For the full job description and to apply, see the city of Mansfield job opportunity site here https://www.mansfieldtexas.gov/332/Job-Opportunities.
YouTube: Watch on YouTube.com