Program Specialist III | Canyon, TX
Program Specialist III
Location: Canyon, TX
West Texas A&M University
Departement: Museum Operations
Proposed Minimum Salary: $3,555.50 monthly
The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
The Programs Specialist III, under general direction, is responsible for creating and executing inventive, target market driven programming that will attract a diverse audience to PPHM. This person will develop and implement public and educational programs and materials for adults and children, primary and secondary students, special groups, and the general public.
· Plans and implements all museum programming. Plans and develops specialized programs such as exhibition openings, lectures, meetings, symposiums, and workshops to facilitate program goals. Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, and monitors program or services. Develops and assess programs.
· Provides educational programming based on the mission and goals to public school aged children and leads the education team in implementing these programs.
· Works with museum staff in producing programing to enhance all exhibitions and to ensure educational components are up to industry standards.
· Promotes the museum and its services to academic departments through contacts and presentations. Coordinates cooperative learning opportunities between the museum and academic departments.
· Coordinates educational programs/tours for special groups, including senior adults, special interest groups, youth organizations, and University departments.
· Prepares and maintains budgets, special reports, and other documents. Prepares and reviews reports on the effectiveness of program activities.
· Recommends program guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations. Attends meetings and conferences to discuss the progress of assigned programs.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Three years of related experience.
· Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications.
· Budgeting, general administration and staff management.
· This position supervises employees.
· This position requires work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends.
· Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
· Must be comfortable working with the general public via community outreach and donor relations.
· Available for occasional weekend and evening work event.
· Three years of related experience in a museum setting.
· Experience with Altru Museum Software, history of the Texas Panhandle.
· Knowledge of State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
In order to apply, go to this link: Program Specialist III (myworkdayjobs.com)
Please include the following with your application:
· Cover letter
· Three references
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Please use the “Upload” button to add each document individually. All revisions must be made prior to application submission. If you need assistance with uploading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas law requires all males age 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.