Program/Education Coordinator | Lake Jackson, TX
Lake Jackson Historical Association
249 Circle Way
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
Job Title: Program/Education Coordinator
Supervised By: Executive Director
Status: Professional Exemption
The Program/Education Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, and assessment of Association programming and events for our three locations (the Lake Jackson Historical Museum, the Alden B. Dow Office Museum, and the Jackson Plantation Historic Site).
Association programming includes educational endeavors, outreach activities, fundraising events led by the Executive Director, and all other public programs supported by the Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Association Programming
- Develop and implement a long-term (2-3 year) plan for core Association programming at all three sites.
- Plan and execute Association programs and events, including both in-person and digital.
- Prepare and maintain Association calendar of programs and events.
- Submit advertising materials and requests to the Executive Director.
- Collaborate with staff and appropriate Committee Chairperson(s) to coordinate programming.
- Schedule and lead (as needed) group tours.
- Develop a partnership with area schools.
- Create new exhibits and marketing opportunities for the Lake Theater inside the museum.
- Oral and Video History Library
- Maintain and augment the current collection.
- Oversee the operation of the Oral History facility at the Alden B. Dow Office Museum.
- Prepare a quarterly evaluative report for the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with technology, including but not limited to internet, email, word processing, presentations, database software, and videography.
- Possess public speaking and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects and materials up to 50 lbs.
Recommended Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in history, museum studies, education, or a related field.
Experience: Preferred two to three years’ experience in a museum environment working with programs and events.
Salary and Benefits:
$35,000/year. Medical Insurance paid 100% by employer.