Programming Coordinator | Abilene, TX
Position: Programming Coordinator
The Grace Museum in Abilene, Texas seeks a creative, self-motivated, and organized Education Programing Coordinator. The main areas of focus are programs for adults and families every Thursday evening, guiding school tours and helping visitors in Spark, teach distance-learning programs, and help develop educational print/video materials.
Salary Range: $36,000-$40,000 plus benefits
- To prepare and implement programs and workshops consistent with the overall museum goals.
- Organize adult events such as (lectures, hands-on activities, educator workshops, and classes) in art and history under the direction of the Director of Education.
- Program Thursday night activities for family and adult audiences (including adult art classes and family festivals).
- Assist with leading tours, classes, and workshops in the education classroom.
- Work with the Director of Marketing on marketing related to programming.
- Help create and teach distance-learning programing for schools around Texas and the Nation.
- Work with Director of Education to create gallery interactives including videos and maintain during the exhibit.
- Oversee weekly staff programming meetings.
- Attend exhibition openings, Museum fundraisers, and special events.
- Represent the Museum in the community.
- Work schedule varies depending on programming needs. Will involve Thursday evenings and some Saturdays.
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a good knowledge of standard museum procedures
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and coordinate innovative programs
- Demonstrates attention to details, can perform multiple tasks at once and perform with deadlines.
- Willing to work autonomously or with a team
- Experience working with adult and family audiences is preferred.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Resume and Cover Letter may be emailed to: