Programs Specialist | San Antonio, TX
Holocaust Memorial Museum of San Antonio (HMMSA)
(Full-time, Salary - up to $40,000 annually)
DEPARTMENT: Holocaust Memorial Museum of San Antonio (HMMSA)
The Programs Specialist is a staff level position, reporting directly to the HMMSA Director. This position is responsible for the operation of the museum during normal business hours, as well as the coordination of school tours and educational outreach programs related to the mission of the HMMSA. The HMMSA Programs Specialist must have an understanding of and appreciation for the mission of the HMMSA and be an enthusiastic customer service representative for the museum. The Programs Specialist will work closely together with other organizational staff in the execution of their duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and executes special events and programs, leading planning committees as required.
- Works in coordination with planning committee and Education Manager to schedule
and execute annual Texas Holocaust Remembrance Week curriculum, presentations and museum tours for local San Antonio area schools and the public.
- Serve as point person for HMMSA’s Hope for Humanity Gala held every other year;
working closely with Gala committee of volunteers and Museum Director.
- Oversees, schedules and tracks reporting metrics for all aspects of museum tours and presentations, virtual and in-person, both on and off campus; leading tours when volunteers are not available.
- Schedules the lending of educational trunks and traveling exhibits, facilitating pickup and returns, as well as ensuring that these resources are appropriately stocked and maintained.
- Serves as primary staff for marketing technology for the HMMSA, working in coordination with the JFSA Marketing Manager (to include all HMMSA social media, e-newsletters, press releases, and drafting articles for various publications).
- Trains and schedules volunteers, interns, and staff resources to support museum operations and ensures positive visitor experiences.
- Assist Museum Director in development and submissions of grant applications.
- Creates and collects evaluative measures, including evaluation forms and surveys;
generates pertinent grant statistics and assist in the reporting of these metrics.
- Manages sales and inventory of the Museum Gift Shop.
- Maintains regular, engaging, and effective communications with volunteers, docents, community stakeholders, and donors (to include email newsletters, thank you letters, etc.).
- Attends regular Holocaust Memorial Museum Commission meetings.
- Serves as staff for special JFSA & HMMSA events as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience; minimum two years in event coordination, public programming, customer service management, or related experience.
- Experience with non-profit organizations either by employment, internship, or volunteerism.
- Positive, can-do attitude, mature interpersonal style and an out-going demeanor with experience in customer or visitor services.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem solving skills, creativity, analytic skills and follow through.
- Superior capability in oral and written communications, good listening skills and strong presentation/public speaking capabilities.
- Ability to appreciate the sensitivity of the Museum’s subject matter and the important role of the survivor community.
- Capable of managing competing priorities and pressures.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Experience with Blackbaud and Constant Contact, preferred. The Programs Coordinator reports directly to the HMMSA Director.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org