Site Coordinator | Tyler, TX
$3,333.33-$3,750 per month
Hours per Week
Discovery Science Place
Collaborate with the Discovery Science Place (DSP) Education Director to market, book, and complete on-site visits for three DSP mobile units.
Major Responsibilities/Duties/Critical Tasks
- Work with DSP executive director and education director to identify opportunities to schedule visits for DSP mobile units.
- Work with DSP office manager to book mobile units for visits.
- Travel to educational sites to deliver K-12 STEM programming using mobile units.
- Supervise graduate student worker on visits necessitating multiple employees.
- Work closely with The University of Texas at Tyler Office of Admissions to utilize best practices related to student recruitment.
- Travel across the region and state to deliver and present STEM programming for K-12 students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 4 years of teaching experience.
- Generalist 4-8 Composite Science certification.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Teach a wide range of students from Kindergarten to 12th grade.
- Drive panel trucks and 32-foot truck/trailer.
- Travel, including weekends and evenings.
About The University of Texas at Tyler
The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 14 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of six colleges.
Our beautiful Tyler campus features more than 200 acres nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. For student convenience, we also maintain regional campuses in Palestine and Longview, as well as a location in Houston.
We encourage you to visit our campus and see for yourself why UT Tyler is where you’ll feel at home—and find your best path.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Or go to Careers at UT-Tyler and search for "Discovery"