Strategic Initiatives Director | Corpus Christi, TX
Job Title: Strategic Initiatives Director
FLSA Code: Executive Exempt
Report to: President/CEO
Primary focus: Fundraising, major gifts and grants
Supervisory responsibility: Site rentals and membership programs
Who May Apply? All persons legally authorized to work in the United States and meet minimum education and experience.
With a new strategic plan in place, the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History seeks a Strategic Initiatives Director to lead our fundraising team. The perfect candidate will enjoy lifelong learning, active conversations and careful listening, are passionately curious, and appreciate opportunities to align well defined donor intentions with Museum outcomes.
Certified by the American Alliance of Museums, the mission of the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History is to engage our community in science, innovation, and the history of Corpus Christi and the Coastal Bend. Using science and history as a lens to explore our region, the Museum is committed to cultural and STEM literacy, enlarging a shared understanding of our history, traditions, and heritage, as well as the impact and importance of science to our lives. We aim to inspire lifelong passions for understanding the past, exploring the present, and imagining a bright future. The Museum serves more than 70,000 visitors annually and promotes history, science exploration, and educational programming. The Museum is also the repository for hundreds of thousands of artifacts and historically significant items in its nearly 100,000 sq. ft. facility.
The Strategic Initiatives Director is responsible for developing and implementing annual and campaignspecific fundraising plans, membership programs, revenue-generating site rentals, and philanthropic gifts to advance CCMSH’s mission.
Working with the CEO, the Board of Directors, key community volunteers, and others, the Fundraising Initiatives Director will fulfill an essential role on the Museum’s leadership team by establishing specific, measurable fundraising goals, developing strategies to fulfill those goals, tracking, and reporting on progress toward those goals, and attaining projected results.
The successful candidate will be a results-oriented confident fundraiser, eager to share the Museum’s mission and its stories and energized and inspired by the opportunity to develop a robust strategic development program (that includes site rentals and membership programs). The CCMSH Board of Directors is actively engaged in fundraising efforts.
This position holds exceptional opportunity for growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (incumbent may perform other duties as assigned):
• Develop and lead the implementation of comprehensive, strategic annual and long-range fundraising plans.
• Revitalize membership programs and supervise staff, establishing branded membership promotions, innovative campaigns, and compelling benefits options.
• Collaborate with appropriate departments to prepare strategic funding proposals.
• Fulfill all reporting requirements related to grant awards.
• Maintain accurate donor records. Work with accounting department to review and manage all monthly financial reconciliations.
• Provide board members and volunteers with the information and materials they need to support strategic initiatives.
• Be available for occasional weekend and evening work to support fundraising, programming, and marketing activities.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Experience coordinating programs and campaigns.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable with people (leadership, prospects, donors, and/or volunteers in a wide range of roles).
• Authentic interest in people and their values.
• Experience with oversight and management of databases.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
• Organizational skills and experience managing events and other complex activities and projects to meet development objectives.
• Comfortable and empathetic leadership, collaboration, team building, and mentoring
• Understand (or be compelled to learn more) technology and social media strategies for fundraising and expanding donor engagement beyond the local community.
• Must be versed in Microsoft Office products (especially in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and proficient in CRM systems.
• Self-confident with personable affect.
Position requires day travel and some overnight travel. Must own vehicle and provide proof of required insurance. Applicant must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Compensation begins at $60,000 per year and will be commensurate with the candidate’s previous experience and credentials and, more importantly, with attaining goals and objectives as articulated in the annual performance plan. The Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History provides its permanent staff with a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, professional development, a generous paid-time-off program, and a SIMPLE retirement plan.
Executive Exempt—this position is full-time, may occasionally exceed a 40-hour work week, and is exempt from Fair Labor Standards and Practices overtime compensation requirements. Employee must be available and able to work non-traditional hours, including nights and some weekends.
• Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation
• Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire
• The job description for this position is intended to provide an overview of responsibilities and is not meant to be considered all-inclusive.
• Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. As the first step in your application’s evaluation, please type your last name and the position you’re applying for in the subject line. Should your application be advanced, we will request authorization for a background check, samples from your campaign portfolio, and references.
See Full Application and form here: https://www.ccmuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Strategic-Initiatives-Director.pdf