Visitor Services Manager | Waco, TX
The Visitor Services Manager oversees the daily operations, management and, staff development of the Visitor Services Team (includes front desk operation, museum store, group sales, and birthday parties) for the Mayborn Museum Complex. This position ensures distinctive customer service is provided during every aspect of the museum visit.
- Lead Visitor Services Team (including Ticketing Operations, Group Sales, and the Museum Store) by example and in a hands-on manner to ensure excellent service and a positive museum experience that encourages repeat visitation and community participation.
- Coordinates and leads staff training.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates Visitor Services staff;
- Manages Visitor Services staff schedule and ensures appropriate coverage;
- Weekend and holidays are an expectation of this position.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of policies and principles of ticketing/admissions operations, museum store, and group sales operations for museums in Texas and the United States.
- Adapt and streamline the operation, organization, and duties of the Visitor Services Team to meet the needs of the Museum and its visitors.
- Maintains an efficient and secure cash-handling system for the Ticketing desk and Museum Store;
- Ensures compliance of employees with security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Assist with developing and managing annual departmental budget and staffing plans, including research and planning, reviewing and analyzing budget to actuals, and reforecasting.
- Ensure a high quality of service and a high level of visitor satisfaction through oversight of all aspects of the full cycle of the visitor experience at the museum.
- Acquire, maintain, and analyze visitor services data including guest feedback sharing findings with Senior Management Team regularly.
- Collaborate with the museum’s communications team to ensure that information about museum history, exhibitions, and programs are effectively shared with the public by Visitor Services Team.
- Create and foster a distinctive overall guest services experience by providing a welcoming, friendly, and professional Museum environment.
Pay Range: $48,000 - $50,000
The Mayborn Museum is searching for a servant leader with at least 3-5 years of supervisory experience. The right candidate will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills, combined with a team player approach including a demonstrated ability to collaborate with volunteers and colleagues;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks simultaneously without close supervision;
- Effective oral and written communication skills (Spanish language skills a plus);
- A high level of energy, with a willingness to develop and execute visitor services initiatives;
- Proficiency in computers, data management and point of sales systems(the Museum uses Altru and Lightspeed), as well as proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree in Undergraduate degree in business, history, arts, museum studies, education, or related field
- Visitor service experience in a museum or performing arts setting
Application found here: