Visitors Services Manager | Waco, TX
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum starting salary $42,000 depending on qualifications
Under basic supervision, manages visitor services programs and retail operations and staff of the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages visitor services and retail operations and staff; manages budget for sales and inventory; compiles data, analyzes financial and operational information and generates management reports.
- Researches merchandise items and selects quantities of merchandise needed.
- Manages staff; assigns tasks and projects; trains and evaluates staff; develops staff skills and conducts performance evaluations; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve workload and operational issues
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Driving is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Retail Management, Business Management or a related field
- Three year’s progressively responsible experience in retail sales and management
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
The City of Waco offers a complete benefits package for eligible employees including; health, dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Accounts, life insurance, long term and short term disability, retirement, deferred compensation plans, holidays, vacation, sick leave, credit union and savings bonds.
To learn more about the benefits offered, visit our Benefits page.