Exhibition Manager and Sales Assistant
ZimSculpt Exhibitions - Exhibition Manager and Sales Assistant
ZimSculpt is a renowned and international sculpture exhibition based in Zimbabwe, that represents Zimbabwean sculptors. ZimSculpt’s exhibitions are highly popular in the United States and Canada, and we are seeking a U.S. based Exhibition Manager and Sales Assistant to join our team. Our founders live partially in Zimbabwe throughout the year, and its business has greatly expanded in North America. ZimSculpt’s exhibitions are primarily outdoors in botanic gardens, arboretums, and other park spaces.
This individual will fill a key role by overseeing administrative functions of the exhibitions in the United States and Canada, locating exhibition opportunities in the United States and Canada, providing support to the founders of ZimSculpt and assist with sales of sculptures.
The successful candidate will have a sales background, strong business development and customer service skills, and be highly organized and motivated to develop new exhibition opportunities for ZimSculpt’s artists. They will think creatively, pay sharp attention to detail, and possess strong communication and writing skills. The candidate should demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks and remain flexible with changing priorities. They will show a demonstrated interest in contemporary art and sculpture. Travel will be required during exhibitions in the United States and Canada.
- Coordinate logistics/transport (within the USA)
- Interface with exhibition visitors
- Interact with visitors in a diverse environment with a high degree of cultural competency and collegiality
- Follow up with collectors and potential buyers of sculptures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Provide administrative support to founders of ZimSculpt
- Manage contact database, schedule virtual meetings, and manage calendars
- Coordinate exhibition dates for exhibitions in United States and Canada
- Ability to travel around the United States and Canada and attend exhibitions
- Attend exhibitions in United States and Canada to assist with set up and break down
- Manage inventory of exhibitions and update records of what is received and what has sold
- Assist in organizing openings and exhibition events
- Update and manage online listings for all exhibitions
- Coordinate physical events such as openings and client dinners
- Assist with upkeep of ZimSculpt’s website
- Create marketing emails and press releases on exhibition announcements and news
Proficiency with Apple computers, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Excel/Sheets and Word/Pages is a must. Experience with Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, and Photoshop is a plus.
Renumeration is commensurate with experience, and additional commission will be paid for sales. Travel expenses and lodging will be included in compensation.