Art Education Coordinator | Austin, TX
Art Education Coordinator - Job Description
Full-Time position. This position is responsible for coordinating and executing education and public programs and projects that meet or exceed the museum's mission. Duties include assisting in the development, promotion, coordination, & implementation of Museum’s education programs. Develops and maintains relationships with schools and community groups.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Lead team of Education Associates, Interns, and Volunteers and other staff assigned on a project basis.
Essential Tasks: Other tasks related to the type of work of the position may be assigned as needed.
· Responsible for ensuring high quality education programming aligned with Mexic-Arte Museum’s Mission. Development and implementation of programming resources and educational materials for exhibitions, and community outreach programs organized or produced by Mexic-Arte Museum.
· Identifies curricular connections between exhibitions and regional education community needs to design and develop school & tour programs for a growing audience of K-12 and college level students and teachers
· Deepens participation of visitors by producing dynamic public programs related to the museum's exhibitions and/or focused on the museum's target audiences
· Expands the reach of museum programs by cultivating strategic partnerships with the educational community
· Develops and implements evaluation tools to measure, interpret, and analyze the outcomes of education and public programs relative to strategic goals
· Designs and conducts training programs for docents, interns, and volunteers
· Assists marketing, grant writing, related to education and public programs. Writes and administer all grants, reports and deliverables for education programs.
· Builds relations with Education institutions in the community
· Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the position
· Coordinates all education programs.
Research, Design, and Implement- Public – in person and virtual Programming including for exhibition including Family Days, Make & Take, Special Outreach Events.
· Write and create gallery guides for exhibitions.
· Write text for education – Learn page on website. And update and monitor webpage.
· Supervise art education classes in schools and community centers across the greater Austin area utilizing the Mexic-Arte Museum art education curriculum
· Conduct tours for children and adults
· Research, Create and Facilitate all educational material for exhibitions, and supplemental public educational programing; including programming guides, Teacher/Docent Packets, labels, text panels, gallery guides, hands-on materials, and activities as needed.
· Identify key concepts and research, write, and/or purchase appropriate materials necessary to convey the curatorial theme of each exhibition
· Provide copy for education-based materials, website, donor and marketing efforts
· Promote Mexic-Arte Museum education programs in schools and community centers across the greater Austin area
· Generate curriculum
· Management of Education calendar and scheduling
· Maintain quality constituent relationships via phone calls, email, mailings and other methods determined by programming needs
· Management of contractors to ensure a high performance level
· Keep abreast of trends and directions in arts, humanities, museum, and community-based education and integrate that knowledge into educational materials for Mexic-Arte Museum.
· Correspond with all staff on a regular basis and generate reports for weekly meetings
· Coordinates education aspect of special events as needed.
· Oversees production of virtual online resources.
Educational and Experience Preparation:
Requires Master's or Bachelor’s degree in arts education, museum studies or other related area with working knowledge of modern and contemporary art, Latinx art; 1 or more years professional experience in arts education including curriculum and program design; prior supervisory and budget management experience; excellent organizational and computer skills; ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
· Requirements for Qualification:
Familiarity with TEKS, and operations and procedures of AISD
Extensive knowledge of Lainx/Latin American Art, History & Culture
Fluency in Spanish desired
Ability to obtain FBI Clearance, and Texas Background Check approval
Valid TX Drivers license and reliable transportation
Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position, including partial healthcare insurance. Some additional evening and weekend hours for programs as needed are required. Salary range is $45000 - $48000 per year.