Curator of Exhibits & Collections | Corsicana, TX
For more information, please contact:
Ann S. Zembala
CURATOR OF EXHIBITS AND COLLECTIONS
ABOUT NAVARRO COLLEGE:
We are seeking individuals who strive for excellence, value, creativity and innovation, are looking for a joyful workplace, are respectful toward others, are team players and have integrity.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, marital, or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition, disability, or any other legally protected status. According to state law, if you are related to any member of the Board of Trustees, your application for employment cannot be considered. If you are related to any member of the Faculty or staff at Navarro College, you will not be permitted to work under the supervision of or in the same department as any relative of your family or their spouse's family.
The Curator of Exhibits and Collections is responsible for managing all aspects of the care, preservation, and exhibition of the Pearce Museum's art, archival, and artifact collections. Those responsibilities include exhibit research and development, installation of temporary exhibits from permanent collections as well as traveling exhibits, and maintaining all records for collections.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure the care and preservation of all collections at the Pearce Museum.
· Registration and accession of all objects including gifts, loans, bequests, acquisitions, and purchases.
· Maintains donor files, deed of gift, inventory, insurance, and appropriate appraisal records.
· Conduct exhibition research and develop exhibit plans and schedules related to the permanent collections as well as traveling exhibits.
· Work with Museum Educator to develop interpretative materials for all exhibits.
· Work with Staff to install all exhibits.
· Manage all incoming and outgoing loans of exhibit materials/objects.
· Assist with the development and coordination of policies and procedures for accessioning, appraisal, processing, preservation of, and access to all collections at the Pearce Museum.
· Assist with the development and implementation of long and short-term goals as they relate to the care and preservation of all collections.
· Work with contract conservators to ensure that all collections receive appropriate treatment as needed/available.
· Assist Director with organization and production of annual art show fundraiser event.
· Work with Director to develop advertisements, publications, branding materials, and other marketing needs to promote the Museum through its collections.
· Represent and promote the Pearce Museum locally and nationally by speaking at area schools, civic clubs, community groups, and other venues including professional organizations.
· Serves on Navarro College committees and attends meetings of the NC Foundation Board as requested.
· Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Director in his/her absence as requested.
· Perform other duties as required for the successful operations of the Pearce Museum.
· Master's Degree in Museum Studies, Library Science, Art, Art History, History, or related field.
· One year of workplace experience in Museum Exhibition/Collection area preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of document and art handling practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of art theory, archival theory, methods, and practices.
· Knowledge of graphic design methods, with experience using graphic design software programs.
· Excellent Computer Skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office, PastPerfect, and other software packages.
· Ability to analyze and interpret both artistic and historical information.
· Ability to work independently and efficiently with attention to detail.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of people, including, but not limited to: faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
· Ability to comfortably and calmly greet and conduct visitor and school groups through a large, multi-use facility.
· Ability to follow and enforce security guidelines both in the Museum and throughout the Cook Center.
· Ability to lift and move materials found in the collections.
· Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
· Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Pearce Museum
SALARY: $36,000 - $38,000 - commensurate with education & experience (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
Navarro College pays 100% of the health insurance premium for the employee and 50% for eligible dependents (spouse and children under the age of 26). Navarro College participates in the State of Texas insurance program where our employees are eligible for health insurance benefits on the first of the month following sixty (60) days of full time employment.
Other optional coverages are available immediately upon employment, including dental, vision, optional term life insurance, voluntary accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dependent term life insurance, short and long term disability, and TexFlex dependent care and health care reimbursement accounts.
Navarro College also participates in the Texas Teacher Retirement System (TRS) with 7.7% employee contribution and 6.8% employer contribution, and Optional Retirement Program (ORP) with 6.65% employee contribution and 6.6% employer contribution. These options are available upon full-time employment. Full-time employees also have the option of joining the Navarro College Retirement Plan after one year of service with 5% employee contribution and 8% employer contribution.
Full-time employees may apply for tuition reimbursement through Navarro College's Educational Assistance Program.
Navarro College also has a generous leave plan where employees accrue 6.67 hours of vacation time and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Vacation accrual increases with tenure. The college also recognizes most major holidays, including Thanksgiving (3 days), Christmas break (varies, but normally 10 days), and Spring Break (5 days). During these times, all departments are closed.
Interested applicants should click on the APPLY NOW button. Please note that you will be required to submit all requested documents in order to complete the application process.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline date, if date is provided. All materials included in your application packet (1) become Navarro College District property, (2) will not be returned, and (3) will be considered for this opening only.
Initial Interview travel costs will be assumed by the applicant (if warranted).