Assistant Curator | Arlington, TX
ASSISTANT CURATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame seeks a full-time Assistant Curator. Reporting to the Curator/Program Manager, the Assistant Curator plays an important role by providing front line customer service to Museum guests and taking on special projects vital to the IBMHOF.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Curator in museum collections management projects
- Assist Curator in implementation of exhibitions
- Assist team in marketing the museum through mailers, emails, calls, etc.
- Assist team in soliciting, scheduling, organizing & greeting field trip groups
- Generate new museum education materials for group tours and promoting existing materials
- Assist team in event coordination, marketing event space, booking special events
- Other duties as assigned by the Curator/Program Manager
- Greet all museum visitors at the gift shop/admissions desk
- Provide excellent service to museum visitors through email communication and phone calls
- Enter gift shop inventory and assist in quarterly/year end gift shop inventory
- Process guest transactions through the museum’s point of sale
- Open/close museum/gift shop daily—insuring all exhibits are in working order and proper change for cash drawer is available; making sure cash drawer balances daily; completing deposits
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a related position, preferably in a not-for-profit
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient typing skills preferred
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills; enjoys speaking to museum guests of all backgrounds
- Must be able to multi-task in a professional manner
- Must pass IBC’s Registered Volunteer Program background screen and drug test.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends and holidays
The International Bowling Campus offers a competitive starting salary with excellent full-time benefits including health, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401k, and paid time off. The annual salary range for the position is $32K - $40K.
IBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Continually required to sit and/or stand (remain stationary) or walk as needed
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk and/or hear
- Must be able to move up to 25 lbs.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines and occasionally power tools during exhibition installation.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change with or without notice by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.