Collections Assistant | Waco, TX
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame Collections Assistant
Under basic supervision, assists in the management of the artifact and library collections and legal documentation, registration/cataloging associated with the collections of the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum (TRHFM) collection.
Minimum Starting Salary: $16.00/hr depending on qualificationsEssential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assists in the preservation and care of TRHFM collections (including artifact, library and archival collections); assist in development and design and maintenance of museum exhibits; assists with special events, educational programs and presentations of TRHFM topics.
· Assists in the maintenance of all legal documentation for gifts and loans; documents and photographs incoming artifacts/archival collections; updates computer database entries; works in conjunction with supervisor to secure, preserve and conserve the Museum’s collection.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Utilize, maintain and ensure accuracy of the museum’s collection and collections database to develop new programs, activities or products intended to connect museum patrons with collections/collections information
· Development and coordination of collections related content for use on TRHFM website/social media; Create and maintain online collections website utilizing Past Perfect online
· Under supervision of the Head of the Research Center, assists with processing of archival materials and supervision of archives volunteers
· Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential
· Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Studies, History, Anthropology or a related field
· One years’ collection experience
· OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
· Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
The City of Waco offers a complete benefits package for eligibile employees including; health, dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Accounts, life insurance, long term and short term disability, retirement, deferred compensation plans, holidays, vacation, sick leave, credit union and savings bonds. Benefits page. To learn more about the benefits offered, visit our
City of Waco
PO Box 2570Waco, Texas, 76702