January 2022 TAM Executive Leaders Digest
TAM Executive Leaders Digest - January 2022
Thank you for your TAM membership and leadership as we work together to strengthen Texas museums. Below is our January Executive Leaders Digest featuring TAM 2022 Annual Meeting updates and other member and programmatic news. Institutional membership allows volunteers, part-time, or full-time staff at your museum to get a user account to receive discounted rates on all programming. If you want to add more staff or volunteers, then all we need is first and last names with email addresses and we can create user accounts for them.
We’ve pulled out executive leader highlights below:
- AAM's Museums Advocacy Day: Time is running out to register for Museums Advocacy Day 2022 and customize your experience as an advocate. Register now ahead of the January 21 registration deadline.
- Programs: The Newest Affinity Group for TAM Executive Leaders (TAMEL) will host their first meeting of 2022 which has been rescheduled for January 27 at noon. The topic will be Point of Sales (POS) Systems. REGISTER HERE for free.
- Programs: Stanford University Expert Holly Truitt will be hosting a four-hour Co-Creation Bootcamp and Design Lab in Houston at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston on February 17, 2022.
- FAF 2: As part of the Finding Alternative Futures Phase 2 digital fluency initiative in Houston, our Museum Scholar in Residence Ed Rodley recently released the Whitepaper titled, "Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel”. Learn more here.
- Members: Please note TAM's new mailing address: 1108 Lavaca - Suite 110 #626, Austin, TX 78721
- Members: We joined the El Paso museum community in a memorial service for former TAM Council Member Jeff Harris of the Magoffin Home State Historic Site on January 16, 2022, in El Paso. If you know of a Texas museum professional who passed in 2021, please contact email@example.com so we can add their name to the TAM 2022 Annual Meeting program.
- Council Voting: Each individual member, individual institutional designee, individual academic designee, and individual business member of the Association are eligible to vote in the current TAM election cycle starting on December 31, 2021, and continuing through February 28, 2022. Learn about the candidates here and vote today!
TAM 2022 ANNUAL MEETING
- TAM 2022: Wilder and TAMMIE Awards and Scholarships submissions due February 1, 2022.
- TAM 2022: Academic Project Showcase and Competition submissions deadline has been extended to February 1, 2022.
- TAM 2022: Wednesday, March 23 is Directors and CEOs Day with Keynotes by John Falk and Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko and Chris Taylor (Now Virtual).
- TAM 2022: We will have Invitation-Only Directors and CEOs Reception at the Baylor Club on Wednesday from 5:30 - 6:30 pm before evening events at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum and Texas Sports Hall of Fame.
- TAM 2022: The Annual Business Meeting and Awards Luncheon are on Thursday, March 24.
- TAM 2022: Awards/VIP reception on Thursday, March 24 at the new Art Center Waco.
- TAM 2022: TAM Executive Leaders Breakfast Reception on Friday, March 25.
- TAM 2022: Our closing Keynote will be a virtual presentation by Colleen Dilenschneider on Friday, March 25
Please send any questions to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your leadership!