Collections Technician/Museum Associate | Arlington, TX
Collections Technician/Museum Associate
The International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame seeks a Full-Time Collections Technician/Museum Associate at $15/hr. Primary duties include customer service and hospitality to all International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame guests and cataloging the museum’s collection. Assist guests in purchasing Museum admissions, answer guest questions, handling cash and cash register reports and perform Museum opening/closing duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs museum/gift shop opening and closing duties including counting cash and balancing cash drawers, completing deposits and ensuring all exhibits are in working order.
- Ensures that each guest receives an outstanding customer service experience by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining solid product knowledge and assists with museum ticket and product selections.
- Excellent accuracy when utilizing Point of Sales systems.
- Demonstrate ownership in maintaining gift shop inventory and other tasks assigned by manager.
- Assist with mail/phone inquiries & process Hometown Heroics certificates.
- Assist with site tours & execution of special events.
- Respond to incoming requests from associations/individuals received by telephone or mail.
- Describe, evaluate, arrange and catalog archival collections. Collections include a wide variety of objects such as film literature photos, artwork, textiles, and documents.
- Organize museum collection space using museum best practices and procedures.
- Maintain and update artifacts records and in-coming donations using the museum collection Past Perfect database system.
- Assist in research for collection items and upcoming exhibitions.
- Assist in installation/deinstallation of exhibitions when necessary.
- Innovate self-starter who can work independently.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Friendly and professional.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Proactively seek to increase their knowledge of The International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame’s products and events.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to move up to 25 pounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to follow directions and multi-task.
- Able to handle delicate and valuable materials with care.
- Must pass IBC’s Registered Volunteer Program background screen.
- Ability to adhere to the Code of Conduct of the Registered Volunteer Program.
Interested parties send resume and cover letter to Kari Smith Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org