Head, ITC Administration | San Antonio, TX
Date postedApril 19, 2022
Posted By: Classified Job Listing,
Head, Institute for Texan Cultures (ITC) Administration
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 7757
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 05/02/2022. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $54,486-$72,200 annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter required
The Head, ITC Administration is responsible for effective administration, management, and operation of the Institute for Texan Cultures.
• Direct the daily operations of the museum, including visitor services, ticket sales, store sales, programs, housekeeping, safety, and security.
• Ensure the safety and maintenance of a high quality and historic facility, the grounds, and all equipment.
• Manage physical facilities to provide a clean, safe, and welcoming atmosphere.
• Conduct daily inspections of the museum campus in order to ensure that it is equipped and ready for daily opening.
• Identify and address facility maintenance issues and maintain records.
• Resolve issues and problems to facilitate efficient operations.
• Manage and directly supervise staff.
• Follow all proper protocols for secure and accurate financial records and transactions.
• Ensure high levels of staff, volunteer, and visitor satisfaction.
• Provide information to visitors about the museum collection and campus.
• Oversee collections care, management and inventory.
• Coordinate visitor and education services including school tours with the Education Curator.
• Collect visitor data through evaluations, demographics, or other methods, and use as a tool to enhance visitor experiences.
• Resolve visitor issues and complaints.
• Develop the museum's operating budget; meet or exceed budget targets.
• Report management indicators such as visitation, program numbers, and staff/volunteer hours.
• Model excellent customer service for staff and volunteers, including proactive greeting and interaction with visitors to direct them towards galleries, exhibits, and amenities, and to provide membership information.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in non-profit management, business, or a related field.
• Four years of experience working in museums, community or cultural organizations or other relevant settings.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of and experience with facility administration and operations, preferably with historic sites and/or museums.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail; planning and organizational skills; and strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated by an advanced degree, advanced training, and/or career experience.
• Skill in providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to evaluate problems, determine causes of events, formulate and recommend solutions, and interact with a diverse group of people.
• Detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
• Highly self-motivated, and a team player.
• Preferable, experience with budget preparation and financial management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Valid driver's license.
This position will be primarily located:
On Campus: Primary work location will be on campus
• Normal museum environment: may participate in offsite events as needed.
• UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
• This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
• Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/3015698