Marketing and Development Intern | Remote, Austin TX
Marketing and Development Intern
About Texas Association of Museums
The Texas Association of Museums’ mission is to strengthen Texas museums by educating on best practices, advocating for the field, and recognizing excellence among its members.
The Texas Association of Museums is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization established for educational purposes, to provide a network among museums, to improve the level of professionalism within the museum community, to encourage the use and enjoyment of museums by all Texans, to serve as an information clearinghouse for and about museums, and to serve as a liaison between museums and museums-related agencies and organizations.
TAM serves museums, art centers, historic houses and sites, children's museums, community cultural centers, zoos, science centers, and university galleries - any institution, especially in Texas, that exists to exhibit and interpret the historic, cultural, artistic, ethnic, or scientific heritage of mankind.
The Texas Association of Museums is comprised of an elected Council of seven officers and eight councilors-at-large, plus the TAM regional and affinity group chairs who serve ex officio without vote, and two full time staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
The summer internship program with the Texas Association of Museums offers hands-on experience working in the museum world. Gain experience developing projects, campaigns,communications, and efforts that offer career insights and behind-the-scenes opportunities. Specifically, this Marketing and Fundraising intern will be responsible for researching and identifying potential grant/foundation opportunities and assisting with the completion of funding requests. This individual will assist in creating marketing materials and impactful stories about members, organizations and donors to be included in newsletters and applications highlighting the work that we do. Other tasks include ensuring all documents are brand compliant and assist in coordinating annual fundraising events. Activities may include:
- Research, plan, coordinate, and assist with events.
- Assist with the management of all fundraising campaigns and with the donor relations process
- Reporting, editing records, managing database information for membership and donors
- Solicit membership renewals.
- Identify prospective individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Generate initiatives that increase member and donor loyalty.
- Assist with all aspects of grant applications.
- Provide accurate data collection for grant reporting and proposals.
- Serve as in-house copy editor.
- Draft copy and collect and select impactful photographs for blog posts, newsletters, social media, one pagers and fundraising campaigns.
- Internship requires 10-15 hours per week for approximately 10 weeks, beginning in June 2022 and ending August 2022.
- Intern will work remotely with regular check-ins with Program Associate and Executive Director.
- Senior or junior undergraduate or graduate student.
- Applicant should be proficient skills in platforms such as Quicktime, Youtube, and Google Drive
- Applicant should demonstrate time management, self-motivation, teamwork, and exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
May be used as University Course Credit. Intern will receive one year of Student Member Benefits such as discounts to Annual Meeting and workshops, as well as museum-wide networking.
Please submit a Cover Letter, one letter of recommendation or two references from a current or former college professor, academic advisor, or employer, and Resumé to email@example.com by June 10, 2022.