Marketing/Communications/Technology Manager | Beaumont, TX
The McFaddin – Ward House Museum
1906 McFaddin Avenue (physical)
Beaumont, Texas 77701
Full Time Position: Non-overtime (Exempt)
The McFaddin-Ward House seeks a creative and effective Marketing and Communications Manager. This is a full-time position responsible for the museum’s public-facing communication in all platforms -- print publications, website, social media, online content, and marketing strategies – managing and developing all communications including but not limited to web-site content management, promotional initiatives, publications, press releases and community and educational programming. Working with staff members in all departments, the Marketing/Communications/Technology Manager ensures that the McFaddin-Ward House presents a consistent and engaging brand. As editor of the museum’s print publications s/he coordinates content from both in-house and outside content creators and manages third-party graphic designers and printers to meet publication deadlines. S/he is also responsible for developing, implementing, and reporting on the museum’s Marketing Plan. The ideal candidate will possess excellent written communication skills, a keen eye for graphic design, and a proven track record of project management. This position offers a generous benefits package.
The primary responsibility of the Communications & Marketing Manager is developing, implementing, and executing brand strategies, stakeholder communication, and public relations. They will manage and develop all communications including but not limited to web-site content management, promotional initiatives, publications, press releases and educational productions.
The Marketing and Communications Manager executes and integrates traditional and digital media strategies to enhance visitor growth and awareness of the museum’s mission. This position supports development goals through the execution outreach utilizing new and conventional engagement methods including digital media (social media platforms, website, email marketing), traditional media efforts (print and broadcast), and direct mail.
Key Job Elements:
· Develop marketing and communication strategies through an annual plan and set measurable goals. Including a content calendar for ensuring regular and consistent posting and mailing of content.
· Generate communication content for web, social media, print and other media.
· Manage website keeping it useful, dynamic and up to date at all times.
· Manage branding and development of branded materials by providing quality and consistency across platforms.
· Collaborate with museum departments to create meaningful stories and relevant content to share through digital, social, and traditional media channels.
· Collaborate on cross-departmental technology needs.
· Produce written and photographic/video content for the museum.
· Provide writing and editing support for all external content and communication pieces including press releases, website content, social media posts and other pieces as needed.
· Manage postings to local and regional calendar/events to ensure museum programs and events are included accurately and timely.
· Develop signage and print collateral as needed.
· Maintain social media best practices for the museum.
· Manage newsletter and other mailings.
· Collaborate with community partners.
· Assist other staff in planning, promoting, and facilitating programming.
· Assist with docent communications and programming (i.e. help lead Docent Book Club).
· Assist Executive Director in creating presentations for board meetings, lectures, etc.
· Aid with researching endeavors.
· Plan Movies by the Decade summer series.
· Assist Curatorial staff with physical labor as needed (carrying objects, switching out exhibits, etc.).
· Take the lead when issues pertaining to Internet, phones, or computers arise.
· Set up equipment in VC for MWH events & outside groups.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital design, computer science or another related field required.
· Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
· Solid proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
· Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and/or Publisher
· Ability to handle multiple on-going projects, prioritize and take initiative
· Proactive time management skills
· Works well independently and as a team player
· Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the public, and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority
· Committed to representing the museum in a professional and positive manner
· Some evenings and weekends required
· 401(k) matching
· Health Insurance
· Paid time off
· Staff holidays
Pay: Up to $45,000.00 per year, depending on experience
· Marketing or communications: 3 years (Preferred)
· Monday to Friday
· Only full-time employees eligible
Candidates may email their resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.