Museum Director | Amarillo, TX
The American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame and Museum is looking for an experienced museum director. Experience in the equine industry is not required but desired.
Located in Amarillo, Texas, AQHA has registered more than 6 million American Quarter Horses and serves more than 225,000 members around the globe. AQHA functions as the official record keeping and governing body of the American Quarter Horse industry. Whether American Quarter Horses are still being used in traditional ranching operations, for showing, racing or pleasure, AQHA strives to provide services beneficial to all Association members and ultimately the American Quarter Horse.
Ensure the history of American Quarter Horse and the impact of the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame inductees is preserved and promoted through oversight of the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum operations and activities.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the museum ensuring positive visitor experience.
- Hire and manage staff.
- Oversee and ensure high quality, relevant exhibits, educational programs, and events and associated budgets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations and individuals that can support and utilize the museum.
- Develop museum marketing strategy and execution in cooperation with AQHA marketing department
- Ensures museum policies and practices are compliant with relevant regulations.
- Seek funding opportunities through underwriting support and grants and steward funders.
- Serve as staff liaison to Hall of Fame Committee and oversee development and implementation of selection criteria, induction activities and recognition.
- Oversee administration of the museum’s collections, policy, and accessibility.
- Augment, strengthen and promote the museum collection, ensuring that important achievements of American Quarter Horse breed, history, culture, and industry are recorded and shared publicly.
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
- Develop and implement annual operating and capital improvements budget.
- Liaison with facilities staff to ensure proper maintenance, renovations, and repair of building and equipment.
- Manage relationships with third party service providers.
- Oversee volunteer program.
Bachelor’s degree related field.
Museum experience and/or horse industry knowledge preferred.
3-5 years of management experience including responsibility for managing programs and events, operations/capital budgeting, marketing, and resource development.
Experience in a supervisory capacity in a museum or cultural/humanities organization preferred. Horse industry knowledge a plus.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications. Museum collections software experience a plus.
American Quarter Horse Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out.
View full job description & apply.
Sarlary: $60k per year with benefits and candidates must be willing to relocate to Amarillo, TX. To apply they need to go to .