Operations Director | Austin, TX
Who we are:
The Texas Military Forces Historical Foundation is the nonprofit, 501(c)(3) educational and fundraising organization that supports the development of The Texas Military Forces Museum at Camp Mabry, Austin, TX.
The Foundation’s mission is to provide financial support to fund construction of the Museum; acquire, preserve and maintain historic artifacts, equipment, and weapons; development and expansion of Museum exhibits; and a host of educational and living history programs that tell the story of the Texas Military Forces.
Job Description - Operations Director: Salary: $26.00 - $30.00
The Operations Director is responsible for the management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Foundation Board of Directors (BOD). The Operations Director shall have the following responsibilities:
- Participate with the BOD in developing and implementing a strategic plan to the organization
- Participate and make recommendations to the BOD as part of yearly/monthly meetings
- Oversee the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the Foundation, including the management of any employees, contractors, vendors, and Foundation volunteers, as well as membership efforts, the gift shop and overall support of Museum staff.
- Train, supervise, and counsel Foundation employees, if any
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with members, sponsors, vendors, and other contacts within the community
- In addition to the Board President and BOD members, act as a spokesperson for the Foundation
- Serve as liaison to the Camp Mabry Garrison Command, the Guard, and the Museum Staff
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the BOD, as appropriate
- Manage Foundation social media and represent the Foundation at museum activities, meetings, and related events to enhance the Foundation’s profile and further its goals and objectives
- Plan and implement the annual fundraising dance, in conjunction with the Fundraising Committee, along with Mixers, and any additional events planned by the BOD.
- Disseminate information to the BOD, Committee Chairs, Task Force Leaders, and Working Group Leaders as necessary
- Approve expenditures within the parameters set by the BOD
- Oversee the planning and implementation of special projects as assigned or approved by the BOD including pursuit and maintenance of grants
- Flexible Hours, part-time
- Museum 2200 W. 35th, Austin, TX 78703
Contact: Foundation Secretary