Programs Manager | Rockwall, TX
Programs Manager - Rockwall County Historical Foundation
Rockwall County Historical Foundation
901 E. Washington - Rockwall, TX.
The Programs Manager is responsible for the coordination of the Museum’s outreach, educational,
and volunteer programming and is encouraged to implement new programs, events, and ideas which
meet the needs of the public and align with the strategic plan and goals of the organization. Work is
performed under the general direction of the Museum Director with latitude for independent judgment
and action. This position will require creativity and attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and
excellent customer service.
● Cultivate and maintain enduring relations with area resources such as school districts,
libraries, historical sites, museums, educational institutions, and city/county entities; Foster
partnerships that promote history and preservation in the community through collaborative
● Coordinate all publicity and marketing efforts for programs with the Museum Director.
● Identify and recommend possible grant opportunities to support programs.
● Participate in continuing education as necessary.
● Maintain a high level of professionalism in terms of ethics, content of work and presentation of
● Identify programming opportunities to meet the needs of the public and work in tandem with
the Museum Director to ensure all programming supports the mission of the organization.
● Oversee wedding rentals and coordinate with guests for events.
● Create and coordinate public programs for education and outreach which serve a variety of
○ Youth programs that include preschool age activities, in-school programs or
presentations, and supplemental materials for use in teaching local history.
○ Oversight and growth of the existing Youth Advisory Council.
○ Plan and execute the annual Kids Day In the Park event.
○ Work with the Board to plan and organize monthly lecture series.
○ Other public outreach programs as needed.
● Oversee the development and utilization of a volunteer program to provide more consistent
opportunities and broadly grow the museum’s reputation; actively developing new communities
of engagement while supporting and growing existing ones.
○ Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and coordinate volunteer schedules.
○ Work with outside groups who are interested in volunteer work.
○ Oversee of background checks for all volunteers.
Education and Experience:
● Any combination of education, training, or experience which provides:
○ Knowledge of museum best practices or willingness to learn and adhere to these
○ Experience establishing and managing public programs, outreach efforts, and other
programs or events within budget.
○ Ability to deal effectively with the public and volunteers.
○ Understanding of social media platforms and website management.
○ Certification or ability to obtain certification in CPR and first aid.
● A passion for local history and love of small museums. Previous experience or a degree in
museum or preservation work is a plus but not required.
● Ability to pass a background check is required.
Pay rate is $17.50 per hour. Pay is based on approximately 10-12 hours/week. Schedule includes
some weekend hours and occasional evening hours.
Applicants should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.