Collections Assistant | Fort Worth, TX
Collections Assistant Job
Part-time, 20 hours a week $12/hour
Fort Worth Aviation Museum’s mission is to give wings to youth and community through our aviation roots.
Fort Worth Aviation Museum seeks an organized, motivated, and passionate Collections Assistant. We have a large collection of archival materials, various media, and a wide array of objects from military patches to large jets! Collections Assistant will report to Director of Museum Operations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist with cataloging of new donations.
- Participate in inventory of the collection.
- Assist with research requests from the public.
- Participate in digitization of different media formats and collections records.
- Database work (i.e., digitization, create records, update locations) with option to work hybrid remotely.
- Provide additional support where needed (i.e., exhibits research, exhibits cleaning).
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous museum experience preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interest in history and behind the scenes work of museums
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn the nature of collections work and willingness to ask questions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks independently
- Ability to perform physical tasks (lift 30 lbs.) with physical mobility and ability to climb stairs
- Ability to pass a background check.
Fort Worth Aviation Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.