Summer 2022 Executive Leaders Digest
The Summer 2022 Executive Leaders Digest
This summer is heating up with workshops and online events. We’re also getting set for our TAM 2023 Annual Meeting in San Antonio: "Unfinished Collectives: Telling Full Stories". Institutional membership allows full-time, part-time, or volunteer staff at your museum to get a user account and receive discounted rates on all programming. If you want to add more staff or volunteers, then all we need is first and last names with email addresses and we can create user accounts for them.
We’ve pulled out highlights below:
- Lunch and Learns: Join us for lunch, where we'll replay popular TAM 2022 session videos and discuss top of mind topics.
- "The Value of Museums: Enhancing Societal Well-Being" and offer a Q&A with TAM President Margaret Koch and John Falk, author and CEO of the Institute for Learning Innovation on July 7 at noon CT. Learn More
- “Leading for Success and Happiness” with Charlie Walter, Director of the Mayborn Museum on July 14 at noon CT. Learn More
- & Barbara Leggett, Founder of the Happiness Center of WNY
- “Grants 101” will be presented by Museum Emerging Leaders of Texas (MELT) Affinity Group with Ann Arnold Ogden from the Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture on July 12 at 12:30 CT. Learn More
- “Transition to Leadership: An Introduction to Leadership for New or Emerging Museum Leaders” with with Ann Fortescue, President and Executive Director of the International Museum of Art and Science & Kheli Willetts, Principal of Dira Professional Development, LLC on July 28 at noon CT. Learn More
- Hybrid Workshops: TAM has opened registration for the following regional workshops focused on taking your digital-know how to the next level with in-person and virtual options available. These workshops will also be proceeded by tours and lunch options.
- Hill Country Trail on July 12 at the National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg. “The Elisabet Ney Museum: Bringing Portraiture into the Digital Age” will be presented by Lindsay Barras from the Elisabet Ney Museum. Learn More
- Tropical Trail on July 14 at the Fulton Mansion Historic Site in Rockport. “Bringing Local Art & History into the Digital Age at South Texas College” will be presented by Gina Otvos at South Texas College. Learn More
- Coming in August are workshops in the Forest and Independence Trails
- Fall Virtual Program Camp: Registration is now open for our August virtual program workshop. This program will help museum educators learn about virtual programming best practices, design a digital program for their institution, and connect with other educators around the state. Learn More
- Science TEKS for K-12: Attention Science and Children’s Museum Directors! The new Texas science TEKS standards emphasize out-of-the-classroom learning, through museums, libraries, professional organizations, private companies, online platforms, and mentors employed in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) field to investigate STEM careers. Learn More
- Members: Please note TAM's new mailing address: 1108 Lavaca - Suite 110 #626, Austin, TX 78721
- Members: Learn more about the Historic Sites and Houses (HSHAG) Affinity Group at their July 13th virtual meeting from 2 - 3 pm CT. Learn More
- Members: Hear our latest TAM Talks interview with Karen Stevenson, museum director of the National Museum of the Pacific War. Watch Video
- Members: Meet our Spring the TAM Fellows leading Regional Workshops. Read More
- Members: Welcome our 2022-2024 Councils-at-Large. Read More
TAM 2023 ANNUAL MEETING
- TAM 2022 San Antonio: Next year’s theme is “Unfinished Collectives: Telling Full Stories” and programming will be held April 23-26, 2023 at the Briscoe Western Art Museum, The Witte Museum, and The Alamo.
- TAM 2022 San Antonio: Preliminary Session Proposal Submissions deadline is July 10. Learn more
- Connect2Texas is a network of Texas-based content providers who utilize video conferencing to deliver educational programs and professional development to public, private, charter, and home schools worldwide. Connect2Texas recently announced that have reduced their Membership Costs. Learn more
Please send any questions to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your leadership!