February 2022 Executive Leaders Digest
TAM Executive Leaders Digest - February 2022
Thank you for your TAM membership and leadership as we work together to strengthen Texas museums. Below is our February Executive Leaders Digest featuring TAM 2022 Annual Meeting updates and other member and programmatic news. Institutional membership allows volunteers, part-time, or full-time staff at your museum to get a user account to receive discounted rates on all programming. If you want to add more staff or volunteers, then all we need is first and last names with email addresses and we can create user accounts for them.
We’ve pulled out executive leader highlights below:
- FAF 2: As part of the Finding Alternative Futures Phase 2 digital fluency initiative in Houston, our Museum Scholar in Residence Ed Rodley recently released the Whitepaper titled, "Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel”. Learn more here.
- Workshops: TAM recently announced a new day long workshop on March 22 in Waco. Telling Your Story for Value and Impact will be led by Kate Betz and Evan Windham. Learn More
- Statewide Informal Digital Learning Network: Starting in Spring 2022, TAM will leverage museum education assets created in a 2021 K-12 Virtual Program pilot through a new partnership with the Texas Historical Commission (THC) to improve digital literacy and access through a statewide informal digital learning network. Learn More
- Science TEKS for K-12: Attention Museum Directors! The new Texas science TEKS standards emphasize out-of-the-classroom learning, through museums, libraries, professional organizations, private companies, online platforms, and mentors employed in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) field to investigate STEM careers. Learn More
- Members: Please note TAM's new mailing address: 1108 Lavaca - Suite 110 #626, Austin, TX 78721
- Members: We joined the El Paso museum community in a memorial service for former TAM Council Member Jeff Harris of the Magoffin Home State Historic Site on January 16, 2022, in El Paso. If you know of a Texas museum professional who passed in 2021, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add their name to the TAM 2022 Annual Meeting program.
- Council Voting: Each individual member, individual institutional designee, individual academic designee, and individual business member of the Association are eligible to vote in the current TAM election cycle starting on December 31, 2021, and continuing through February 28, 2022. Learn about the candidates here and vote today!
TAM 2022 ANNUAL MEETING
- TAM 2022: If you haven't done so, please register and book your hotel room by March 1st before rates increase!
- TAM 2022: Wednesday, March 23 is Directors and CEOs Day with Keynotes by John Falk and Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko and Chris Taylor (Now Virtual).
- TAM 2022: We will have Invitation-Only Directors and CEOs Reception at the Baylor Club on Wednesday from 5:30 - 6:30 pm before evening events at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum and Texas Sports Hall of Fame.
- TAM 2022: The Annual Business Meeting and Awards Luncheon are on Thursday, March 24.
- TAM 2022: Awards/VIP reception on Thursday, March 24 at the new Art Center Waco.
- TAM 2022: TAM Executive Leaders Breakfast Reception on Friday, March 25.
- TAM 2022: Our closing Keynote will be a virtual presentation by Colleen Dilenschneider on Friday, March 25
Please send any questions to Alex at email@example.com. Thank you for your leadership!